Semi Permanent Makeup
Did you know that permanent make-up is considered a medical procedure? Well if you didn’t, you do now.
And like most medical procedures there are some “do’s and don’ts” prior to it. This page is for those:
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Please wear your normal make-up to your consult appointment.
- Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- A sensitivity test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- Do not use Retin-A skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does NOT accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement. Eyebrow Enhancement
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your enhancement.
- Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field of color analysis and makeovers, we ensure that the correct colors and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision making process.
Semi permanent cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results, you will be required to return for at least one touch up procedure four to six weeks after the initial application. Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
If you have any additional questions/concerns not addressed above please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org