Semi Permanent Makeup
After care is very important for producing beautiful and lasting results. To give yourself the best chance at those results here are our after care recommendations/instructions:
· Keep the area clean by washing with freshly washed hands and a mild soap (We recommend dial gold, but any antibacterial soap will do). Do not use a washcloth or sponge to remove soap. Simply splash the area with water. Do NOT use cleansing creams, acne cleansers or astringents. Use a mild, natural soap.
· Apply the aftercare balm (We’ll provide) with freshly washed hands or a Q-tip. If the balm is too stiff to use, simply warm it up in a glass of warm water or on your finger by placing it on your index finger and rub with your thumb in a circular motion. Use the balm very sparingly. Less is more. Blot off excess with a clean tissue. Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.
· Do NOT scrub, rub, or pick at the epithelial crust that forms (We know it’s gross, but leave it alone). Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
· Do NOT use any makeup near the procedure area including mascara until healed. Purchase new mascara and makeup if possible to avoid contamination or bacterial infection.
· Always use a sun block (at least 30 – 50spf) after the procedure area is healed (at least a week) to protect from sun fading.
· Swelling, itching, scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Ice packs are a nice relief for swelling and bruising. Aftercare calm is nice for scabbing and tightness.
· Too dark and slightly uneven appearance - After 2-7 days the darkness will fade and once swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If they are too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touch up appointment.
· Color change or color loss - As the procedure area heals the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear. This can all be addressed during the touch up appointment and is why a touch up is necessary.
If you have any additional questions/concerns not addressed above please contact Jessica at email@example.com